Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Worst Movies of 2010

This year, I have decided to split my end of the rear review into two parts; the worst movies of 2010 and the best movies of 2010.

5. Lovely Bones

My review

I had high hopes for this movie. I had heard from many people that the book is amazing, Peter Jackson is a great director and the cast seemed pretty promising. Instead what I got was a huge mess of a movie. The story was pretty uninteresting and ridiculous, I never really felt anything for any of the characters and this movie has one of the worst endings ever in motion picture history, I can’t remember the last time I left a theater so angry. If the book is anything like the movie, I shouldn’t read it because I might try to organize a book burning.

4. Shutter Island

My review

Some people seemed to love this movie, and I’m not entirely sure why. I have a feeling that it is simply because of Martin Scorsese and many people seem to have an obsession with him where they think that he can do no wrong. Well, in my opinion, he can and did go very wrong with this movie. To start, it was the worst advertising campaign ever. That trailer was everywhere and for what felt like almost a year before the movie finally came out. The problem with the trailer is that if you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve seen the movie. I predicted the ending of the movie from the trailer. Then we get to the actual movie where within 5 minutes, my prediction of the ending is solidified. Leonardo DiCaprio was way over acting in this movie for some reason, it was kind of unbearable. The story was uninteresting and since it was so easy to figure out the ending, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. This movie was the biggest waste of 2 and a half hours to come out this year. That was another problem, it was overly long, as I was watching I found about 30-45 minutes that could have been cut with it not affecting the story at all and in fact maybe making it all flow a little better.

3. Jonah Hex

My Review

Talk about a great idea turning into a complete disaster. A western with a bit of a twist starring Josh Brolin and John Malkovich based on a comic book of the same name, sounds great to me. What we got was some of the worst writing and story telling I’d seen all year, the cast did their best with what they were given, but nobody could save this movie. The only good thing about this movie is that it was short. Even WB, who made the movie, knew it was bad and didn’t bother to really advertise for it much and didn’t even submit it for rating until a week or two before its release.

2. Skyline

My Review

Well, the teaser trailer had me intrigued, but the full trailer made me nervous. I recently found out that this movie was made for around $10 million, which makes my prediction right. I can pretty much guarantee that the Strause Brothers, who directed the movie, blew the entire budget on the special effects and worried about story, plot, writing and acting later. The movie was pretty and the special effects looked great, but the story was horrible, the acting was intolerable and the writing was even worse. Not to mention that the characters were horrible and you wanted them all to die. This movie also had one of the worst endings of the year.

1. Jack-Ass 3D

My Review

This movie easily replaces Borat as the worst movie ever made, ever. Also, the fact that this movie did as well as it did and the fact that people were willing to pay $15+ to see someone literally defecate into the air has officially caused me to lose all faith in humanity. That scene pretty much sums up the movie as a whole. It is vile, disgusting, repulsive, obnoxious and nauseating. I literally almost vomited a couple times while watching this movie. I can’t believe that this managed to get into theaters and with no problems. I feel that anybody who paid to see this movie and enjoyed it, need to be sterilized so we don’t have to deal with their dimwitted, brainless spawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment