Friday, December 30, 2011

Worst Movies of 2011

As the year comes to a close and we prepare to welcome in the new year, I thought I’d look back and reflect on this year’s disappointing and at times just plain bad and painful to watch. So here are what I consider to be the worst movies of 2011.

Honorable mentions: Green Lantern, The Hangover Part 2

5. Contagion

I don’t get why so many people and critics seem to like this movie. There has been awards talk since it came out. I personally found it to be the most boring movie I saw all year. I honestly don’t know why I didn’t walk out, I really should have. It’s supposed to be about a global plague killing most of the population but I feel they did a bad job portraying that. Watching this movie was like sitting in a hospital waiting room; you couldn’t be more bored, you’re watching sick people and just want to go home.

4. Something Borrowed

This movie is extremely clichéd and has one of the most frustrating endings I’ve ever seen to a romantic comedy. The characters are all very unlikeable and the movie is billed as a comedy but I don’t think I even smiled once. Never before have I seen a romantic comedy where none of the characters have anything in common and shouldn’t be friends much less “in love.”

3. Season of the Witch

This movie is just plain bad from start to finish. To start, it is not about a witch, but rather a demon. Yeah, this is an exorcism movie. Then we get into the bad effects, horrible writing and the actors who seem like they could care less to be in this movie. Nick Cage and Ron Perlman seem like they are just reading their lines off a piece of paper throughout. Everything about this movie is just plain bad.

2. Hall Pass

Not a single funny moment in this supposed comedy. The story is terrible, all of the characters are terrible, everything that happens in the movie is not funny. For an R rated comedy, all of the “humor” is for 7 year olds. It is uncomfortable to watch most of the time and disgusting the rest. I can’t find one redeemable moment in this movie. This is another movie that I should have just walked out of.

1. Twilight: Breaking Dawn

I didn’t even see this movie but if it’s anything like the other movies, it had to be terrible. These movies have some of the worst special effects I’ve ever seen. Vampires that sparkle… enough on that. Terrible writing, bad acting, some of the worst characters ever written, just everything about this movie is bad. Not to mention that in this movie I hear that Edward basically brutally rapes Bella, gives her a c-section with his TEETH then wolfboy falls in love with the BABY!!! So thank you, Stephanie Meyers, for writing a book/movie that hates women yet gets them swarming to read/see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment