Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Answer James Lipton's 10 Questions

It is my 200th post here at Cucu for Movies so I decided to do something a little special. I love watching Inside the Actors Studio with James Lipton. That show brought me a little inspiration so I figured I would share a little more about myself by answering the 10 questions that he asks all of his guests towards the end of the program.

As a warning: what follows is essentially me uncensored, it will contain language that some people might find offensive.

1. What is your favorite word?

The answer to this question is really easy. My favorite word is fuck. It is a great word that just roles off the tongue and can mean so many different things, inflect absolutely any emotion and even enhances some more, usually, boring words. We’ve all seen or heard the Monty Python skit about the many uses of the word fuck, that is basically exactly how I feel about the word.

2. What is your least favorite word?

Censorship. I can’t stand the word and everything that it stands for. I can’t stand censorship and I don’t like it when people try to censor me. One of the best quotes I’ve ever heard and has always stuck with me is from the show The West Wing, it goes “Censorship to me is like saying I can’t have steak because a baby can’t chew.”

3. What turns you on?

Simple things like confidence and laughter. I love it when I feel confident and it fells even better when it’s being boosted because I’m surrounded by people who are confident as well. Also, there is no greater thing then laughter, it means you have a sense of humor, which is a must in this world, otherwise you’ll never make it out alive.

4. What turns you off?

Pretty much the opposite of those things. I don’t like it when I don’t have any confidence in myself and I don’t like it when other people’s lack of confidence brings me down. I can’t stand people that don’t have a sense of humor and who take life too seriously.

5. What sound or noise do you love?

There are many sounds and noises that I love. I love the sound of rain, it is a really peaceful sound. I love the sound of good music. I love the sound of laughter. I love the sound of good dialogue in a movie. And as cheesy as this is going to be, I love the sound of my wife’s voice.

6. What sound or noise to you hate?

What I really hate isn’t a sound or noise at all, I hate silence. I don’t know what it is, but whenever it is completely silent I get really uncomfortable. It’s even to the point where when I’m sitting at home reading a book I’ll have some classical music playing quietly in the background. Whenever I’m at home I have a movie playing or some music on just so I have some background noise to break the silence.

7. What is your favorite curse word?

Avada Kedavra, the killing curse. Found in the Harry Potter series, I really enjoy the sound of this curse. To start, it sounds like the classic “Abracadabra” but with a slight twist, mostly the “Kedavra” part which I believe is a play on the word “cadaver” which is a dead body or corpse, and seeing as this is the killing curse, it fits appropriately.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Well, I am currently working towards another profession that I really want to try. I would love to make movies. I would absolutely love to be a filmmaker of any kind. Whether it be a director or a cinematographer, really almost anything to do with the camera.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

There are a number of professions that I would not like to do, mainly I would not like to be either a politician or work for an insurance company in any way shape or form and the reason is simple: I have a soul. I could never be in either of these professions because I have a soul and I would like to keep it and I have no interest in taking or crushing other people’s souls.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear god say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

WELCOME TO HEAVEN, MOTHERFUCKER! Did you murder anybody?... Good. Did you rape anybody?... Good, that’s pretty much all you have to do to get into heaven, don’t murder and don’t rape. What religion were you?... Ah, well I’m sorry, you are gonna have to go to hell, the religion I was looking for was Mormon ... Nah, I’m just fuckin’ with ya, there is no “right” religion, come on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment